Thursday, November 10, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

Its been awhile since I last posted.  Life just sometimes seems to get away from you and before you realize it a week, month, year is gone.  My life these days consists of kids, work, laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, repeat, in that order!  I find myself being reminded of the days gone by more these past few weeks than other times.  I sometimes find myself feeling sorry for myself and wishing for that time back.  I feel guilty about that and feel like I am an awful person because of it.  I find myself feeling ungrateful for all my gifts I have been given.  My kids, my job, my health (although I could stand to lose some lb's), my friends and focus on only the things I do not have.  That to me makes no sense.  I was wondering the other day also if I was too young to be having a mid-life crisis or if I just need a vacation from my life, even if for just a day.  But then I think, "Be careful what you wish for!"  I stop and say to myself, "you should be ashamed of yourself or what is wrong with you?"  Life is too short to waste it.  I know that, but I guess I need to find a way to find a balance, a happy medium if you will.  But my questions is, how do I do that?  How do I make it all work.  I don't want to someday hear my daughter tell me the one thing she remembers about me is the fact I yelled or the had no patience.  I don't want to have my son tell me I didn't hold him enough or spend enough time just taking in his every milestone.  I don't want Reese to look at me someday and tell me she wishes I would have snuggled with her more at bed time.  My life needs to slow down, I need to find that place that I can co-exist and enjoy all that God has given me.  I need to find time for my relationships, especially the one with my husband, but that's another blog in itself.  So my challenge to myself is to adjust something I do have control over, my ATTITUDE and to figure this out, to make it work and to be the mother, friend, wife, teacher, daughter, sister... that I was meant to be. 
I found this saying about attitude the other day and it really stuck with me.  I feel like this needs to me my motto.  And when it comes down to it, doesn't attitude really have an impact on  it all?  Seriously, I think I may have just had a come to moment, I believe that I may need an attitude adjustment.  So here I go and wish me luck!!!!

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."


No comments:

Post a Comment