Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baby Chubs

         I feel like I have been without sleep since April 18th, the day my bundle of joy Gabe came into this world.  He is the most cuddly, sweet, chunky boy with a smile that lights up a room.  That child is smiling non stop.  I really think the only time he is not smiling is when he is hungry.  But all you have to do is give him his yummies and he is right back to smiling.  I often think about what it would be like with that disposition and that ability to always be smiling.  But why shouldn't I be.  I am blessed with so many wonderful things.  I am thinking it might be because this child has me up every 2 hours and he is 6 months old!!!!  What is the deal.  I find it amusing also that my husband complains about him getting up every 2 hours and he doesn't budge to get up with him.  I have tried everything and this boy of mine just won't give me a break!  I do think my body has adjusted to it, but some days I could just curl up in a corner and sleep for about 5 weeks.            I can't believe how he is changing.  Everyday there is something new and each day he brings a giggle and grunt to my life.  I always find it amusing when people say to me, "bet your happy you finally got your boy after 2 girls?"  I usually say you mean after 3 and than proceed to say I am just happy I had a healthy baby period.  I really didn't care if Gabe was a girl or boy, but it was a wonderful surprise for our last one.  I look at him and can only think how lucky I am to have him in my life.  I often feel sorry for those people that only want a boy or only want a girl, they are missing so much.  Life is such an amazing gift and the fact that I am able to produce that still baffles and amazes me.  Gabe is my boy and I cannot wait to see him grow and change.  I can't wait to see if his hair stays red and if he grows up to look like his sister Drew.  I can't wait to see if he possesses his sister Reese's personality and sense of humor.  I can't wait to see if he is a good athlete like his father or if he possesses some other creative quality.  I can't wait for him to talk and say mama for the first time and I cannot wait to tell him about his journey to be with us.  My Gabe is evidence to me everyday of what life should be like.  He is amazing and he is my son! 

No comments:

Post a Comment