Monday, October 24, 2011

A Bitter Sweet Day

Today I celebrate my daughter Drew's 6th birthday.  What a bitter sweet day for my husband and I.  She is truly an unexpected gift from God.  She is an amazing little girl with so many talents and a personality that lights up a room.  Her red hair definetly matches her peronality.  I am so lucky to have her in my life.
Today is bittersweet for many reasons.  Our Drew was not planned and we found out I was pregnant with her 3 months after our daughter Dillan was born still into this world at 40 weeks.  It was one of the most devistating times of our life, but also the most joyous.  I often think whether or not I would have Drew in my life if Dillan would have survived and that makes me quite sad.  It is hard to mourn our Dillan without feeling guilty about rejoicing for Drew.  I have come to the conclusion I will never know and the biggest sacrifice my Dillan made brought me my beautiful Drew.  I can't tell you the resemeblence between the 2, but it is so evident Dillan is working through Drew.  I can see it in her eyes.  I take today to cherish this beautiful little red-headed girl I call Drew and enjoy every minute of every second I have with her.  I am blessed and cannot wait for a lifetime with her!!!  Happy Birthday my sweet Drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment