Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dillan Kathryn

She would be 7 years old today.  Dillan Kathryn Hinrichs would be turning 7 years old.  She would be in 1st grade.  She would be getting ready to go trick or treating.  She would be goofing around with her sisters and brother.  She would be snuggling with me on the couch and I would be ticking her head telling her how much I love her.  I miss her every minute of every day. There is not a time that I don't feel that void of her not being here.  It never feels like our family is complete.  My daughter Drew was asking about her today.  She just started talking about her.  How close they would have been in age and how much she loved her sister.  Drew, if you remember, just had a birthday on Monday and she turned 6.  She tells me she sometimes sees Dillan in her dreams.  She will wake up and remember that her sister was there with her.  I take comfort in that and feel Dillan's presence through Drew all the time.  Weird?  Maybe I am just grasping for anything to give me back some time with her, but in my heart I truly believe that she and Drew are one in the same.  I told Drew today that I wanted her sister Dillan here with me and that I wanted to see her grow and hear her giggle and cry and tell me she loves me.  Drew simply looked at me and said, "Me too mom!"  I remember Dillan today and cherish the 9 months I had with her alive in my tummy.  Happy Birthday my sweet angel.  I love you more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment