Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The middle child

I woke up this morning to my sweet little 2 year old sleeping on the floor next to her brother in our bedroom.  So I scooped her up and snuggled up to her in our bed.  With her half open eyes and her hoarse voice she says, "love you much mom".  What an amazing way to start my day.  Those 4 words were enough to make me stop and realize with all the hectic things my life is, this moment is one that will help me get through this day. 
They often say the the middle child takes on that role before they are even given it.  I must say that is so true with Reese.  She such her own person.  She doesn't even look like the other 2.  She has her own sense of style, her own voice and her own way expressing herself.  She is already so independent and passionate about what she wants.  Reese is thought ful, caring and loves her big sister.  You can already see her admiring Drew and all that she does.  Reese likes to look at me and say,"When I get bigger, right mom" whenever I tell her she is too little.  She is a daredevil and already a practical joker.  I often hear her saying, "Just kidding!"  Strong willed would be another word to describe her. She is such a blessing to my life.  I feel like God gave her to me to fulfill something inside of me that was missing.  I feel like she is my one child that truly completes me. 
I plan on enjoying this day and getting the most out of it.  Thank you Reese for giving me a reason to get up and live life!

No comments:

Post a Comment